Monday, October 12, 2009

Scary-thon

Today marks the beginning of Week 4 of the training plan (only 13 weeks to go--yikes!), and this is where it starts getting harder.

Not to say that the weeks leading up to this haven't been somewhat hard, but this is where I'll really have to start pushing myself, as the mileage begins to increase significantly. I also need to be more careful about what I'm eating and drink a whole lot more water each day. I over-carbed yesterday and whoa, was I tired when I woke up this morning.

I'm not going to lie, when I think about the task the lies ahead, I get pretty scared. Even though my mind has yet to wrap around the fact that this is 26.2 miles that I will be running, I'm still (obviously) aware of the craziness that is a marathon. Eee.

Eeeeee.

Eeeeeeeee.

I also need to be really careful about not getting injured at work. Running a few miles and then being on my feet for nearly 9 hours does not a happy Holly make; I have also (in the past) hurt my heels and ankles at work, due to some precarious wooden steps.

I also may or may not have slipped and fallen on my butt a few times. But, never you mind.

I also should stop writing "also" so much. It's beginning to look strange.

But, regardless, I just need to really be careful: to stretch more, to allow more time, to be better to myself, because now is where the real challenge begins.

Eee.

No comments:

Post a Comment