Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I'm Still Here, But My Laptop is Not

This is the first time in over two weeks that I have turned on my computer--it is seriously broken, and trying desperately to fight off a virus!

I tried updating from my iPhone but, apparently, one of the few things it cannot do is update using blogspot. Boo.

Regardless, I am hoping my computer will stay on long enough so that I might post an entry, considering it's only FOUR DAYS UNTIL THE MARATHON.

Yeah, holy poop.

To sum up the past few weeks: my long runs haven't been great, my right hip is slightly wonky, and I'm terrified by the fact that I may be running in 40 degree weather. Not awesome.

In spite of all this, however, I am really excited for Sunday! I keep going over the course in my mind (it is, after all, one I know well), and watching fellow marathoners' videos of their past Disney run experiences, and while it is definitely scary, I am actually looking forward to it!

I'll admit: between Thanksgiving and now, my training has not been good. I have not been as motivated, nor have I been working as hard as I could have. I'm not denying the fact that I may have screwed myself over. However, I really am still of the mindset that I want to FINISH. I don't want some incredible time, I just want to finish the race.

But I do know that I may have cheated myself out of even that. Not trying to set myself up to fail, but I know that there is a chance I won't be able to finish. It is after all, a marathon, a huge undertaking. But, I won't punish myself if I can't make it. These past 4 months have been incredible, and I plan to continue with training and working out and even--yup--blogging after it's all over on Sunday.

If not this marathon, than you better believe I'll be hitting up another.

This goal was, all along, not about the end result, but about the process. I now enjoy working out and heading to the gym. I'm trying my best to eat healthier. I want to keep training so I can sign up for other races. Maybe one day, I'll be seeing how fast I can run a race.

I really am quite proud of what I've accomplished :) I can almost taste those turkey legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment