Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Minor Setback

Ouch, gentle readers. Ouch.

That was my first thought upon waking this morning, waking up so that I could power walk 3 miles outside, following a course set up by my sister on Map My Run.

I have yet to leave my apartment.

You see, in addition to working out, I have actually been working. I work in a bake shop and--while that might sound like a whimsical, fun job--I am literally on my feet for 8+ hours. I am lifting trays and dragging garbage and bending to reach cupcakes on the bottom shelf and it is exhausting.

Not to mention, I will often work 7-9 days in a row without a day off. Not fun.

So, when I woke up this morning, my not-yet-a-runner body (specifically the lower back) made me cry. I am downing Advil as I write and trying to stretch out my back before I go to work, so as not to damage it any further.

This was, however, only a minor setback: tomorrow I will be power walking those 3 miles with a renewed fervor--and hopefully a renewed lower back.

Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment