Friday, September 25, 2009

A Day of Rest

That's what Fridays are for (in the training plan): resting.

I figured that I could sleep in today, relax my muscles, take it easy--you know the drill.
However, I found that instead of making me feel rested, not going to the gym made me restless.

Is it possible? Am I actually craving working out? Have I started to enjoy it?

Go ahead and play the "Twilight Zone" theme, folks, because it's true: I kind of sort of maybe am liking this whole marathon training thing. Whatever.

But, in all seriousness, this is a great thing to know for those of you who are not keen on gymming it: after a week of sweating your butt off, exercising begins to become fun. The endorphins are awesome and you really do feel the extra energy all throughout the day! It's beginning to look like I might keep up this whole running thing, even after the marathon is done.

But not before I eat, like, 12 turkey legs in Epcot.

No comments:

Post a Comment